A wide expertise to serve glassmakers
If you plan on investing in a new glass production line, or updating your existing equipment, you will want to rely on professionals who understand your process and commit themselves to delivering high-performance and reliable Prium® equipment.
In Glass, Fives is the Glassmakers' solution provider to enhance your plant performance, your competitiveness and to support you in the optimization of your investment: we design, manufacture, install and commission glass equipment according to your needs.
With 60 years of experience in a wide range of Glass processes and applications all over the world, Fives is the most demanding Glassmakers' partner in Automotive, Architectural, Ultra-thin, Container, Perfume, Fibre, Crystal and many other special glass processes.
Fives offers a dedicated range of services, including the training of your teams on our equipment and assisting them for the full-scale glass production are offered to support you all along your lines life cycle.
History : a long expertise in the glass
1947: Fives designs its first melting furnace for the glass.
1954: Fives provides its first flat glass furnace.
1977: Fives builds its first annealing lehr.
1989-2014 : Fives, formerly Stein Heurtey and Fives Stein (2007-2013), developed its glass activity with the acquisition of several companies:
- Fourment- Ladurée (1989), specialising in medium-capacity glass melting furnaces and silicate furnaces;
- BH-F (1993), specialising in hollow glass forming equipment ;
- BGE - Belgium Glass Equipment (1997), specialising in tin bath equipment for float glass;
- Penelectro (1999), specialising in electric melting furnaces for glass and crystal.
- 2000: first hot end designed by Fives.