Prium® Oxy-Boost, oxy boosting solutions
In float melting tanks, a boosting of the batch-melting rate is required in two situations:
- A pull increase over the designed rate is required.
- The regenerator chambers in the batch zone have degraded or are clogged and the port 1 flame power is weakened or lost
In both situations, boosting, at zero port, with oxy-combustion flames is frequently applied. Typically, two pipe in pipe burners are installed in the peep-holes before the first port burner. With these zero port burners, additional energy is supplied to the batch melting. However the burner power is limited due to problems with central flame collision, carry over and hot spot risk on the entrance wall.
In order to overcome this power limitation, Linde/BOC developed crown oxy-burners with direct impingement on the batch surface (Convective Glass Melting CGM).
This technology was successfully implemented in many tanks but has again some drawbacks:
- The crown has to be drilled
- A large spacing between the flame is required
- High heat transfer rates are only achieved in the impact zones of the flames leaving stripes of weaker melting rate.
The oxygen burner: a proprietary process
Fives developed a proprietary technology in order to overcome these problems. The oxygen burner consists of numerous flames adding up to a flame curtain. The burner replaces, or is installed in parallel to, the entrance curtain . Tests have shown that a high heat transfer is achieved without carry over, batch segregation or evaporation effects.
Moreover, the new burner has the following advantages:
- Homogenous heating of the batch over the whole width
- Glazing of the batch surface thus reducing the carry over in the succeeding aero-combustion
- Increase of the surface emissivity of the batch blanket thus improving the heat transfer in the entrance zone of the furnace
- High heat transfer rates allowing a significant boosting of the batch melting on a limited furnace surface
⇒ For recruitment-related matters (application, etc.), please do not use this form. Make your requests on this page.
In order to address your request, we need to collect the information listed in the form below
Information on data processing
As a data processor, FIVES implements personal data processing when managing your contact request. The data collected are required for this processing and are retained, unless you object, for a period of 6 months from the last contact between you and FIVES. If the information is incomplete, FIVES will not be able to respond to your contact.
The data collected are exclusively for the use of FIVES departments.
Pursuant to current legislation, you have the right to request access to data concerning you, their correction, deletion and portability, as well as a right of limitation over processing of your data.
These rights can be exercised by email to DPO@fivesgroup.com or by post to the Data Protection Officer at the following address: FIVES, 3 Rue Drouot, 75009 Paris, accompanied by a copy of an identity document.
In case of a dispute involving processing of your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to the French Data Protection Agency (CNIL).
To find out more about our personal data protection policy click here